Sunday, September 20, 2015

Claire Danes: Get The Look from the 67th annual Emmy Awards

I saw quite a few faux bob's tonight and thought celebrity hairstylist Peter Butler created a wonderful look as he styled lead actress nominee Claire Danes at the 67th annual Emmy Awards in Los Angeles this evening.



“Claire looks beautiful in a deep purple Prada dress tonight. It’s 90 degrees in downtown Los Angeles, so I wanted to pull her hair up. I decided to go for a faux bob, with a late ‘60s/early ‘70s vibe. At first, I envisioned a Grace Kelly Goes to the Beach look, but that style was too rough and raw. We wanted polished and red carpet-ready, so we opted for Grace Kelly Goes to Palm Springs.

I began by blowing her hair out with Leonor Greyl Mousse A Lotus Volumatrice to impart a little lift. I sprayed her roots with Leonor Greyl Voluforme as I curled her hair, then let that cool and set. To make the texture more natural, I brushed out the waves and added Leonor Greyl Eclat Natural to smooth flyaways. I finished by pinning it up and tucking the right side behind her ear.

Right before she walked out the door, I spritzed on a finishing touch of Leonor Greyl Lacque Souple to nail it down. She’s got a golden nude makeup look and elegant hair. As she stepped on the red carpet she said, ‘I feel like I’m going to Bob Hope’s house!’ with a laugh.

Leonor Greyl products can be purchased at Leonorgreyl-usa.com



Want to know the tools that were used in the process?

HAIR BY: Peter Butler for ghd, North America

TIPS/TECHNIQUE: “First I dried Claire’s hair in sections using the ghd air™ hairdryer and ghd ceramic vented radial brush size 3. Once dry, I created a deep part on the right side and curled hair under using the ghd curve™ classic curl iron, which added a touch of texture. With ghd’s patented tri-zone™ technology, I can style hair in less time and create a long lasting curl without having to use a ton of styling products. Next, I created two small pin curls and secured at the nape of her neck using bobby pins which helped create the illusion of a faux bob. Lastly, I curled a section of hair down in the front to frame her face and used a finishing spray to hold the style in place.”

PRODUCTS: ghd air™ hairdryer ($225); ghd curve™ classic curl iron ($245); ghd ceramic vented radial brush size 3 ($53)

RETAILER: Sephora, Sephora.com, ghdhair.com/us

No comments:

Post a Comment