Monday, August 25, 2014

2014 EMMY's Look: Claire Danes, Hair by Peter Butler using Leonor Greyl Products

Still watching the show, but wanted to share a look that I loved....

“Claire is wearing a red, Givenchy dress tonight that it a bit low in the front with crystal dragonfly jewels around the neckline. It is such a focal point that we wanted the hair up, and since there is something romantic about the dress , I wanted to do a braid. We did a soft, low side-part, with her hair away from the face and left pieces framing her face and covering her ears.

I started with her hair damp and ran the Leonor Greyl Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice all through her hair and then blow dried it up and away from her face using a large, round brush. To give more volume and direction to the roots, I went back in with the Voluforme and sprayed it around the face and hairline while blowing it out.

Next, I pulled her hair into a low ponytail using a bungee elastic with hooks on the end to secure it in place. Then, I created a fishtail braid and pulled it out to make it a bit wider and sprayed it with a generous amount of Leonor Greyl Laque Souple to give it texture while still keeping it structured.

I pinned the fishtail braid into a low chignon which I redid three times, but the third time was the charm! I fit it until it was situated just right to exhibit the texture of the braid as strongly as possible. I made sure she was standing while I pinned the braid into place to get a better idea of what it would look like throughout the night.“



Leonor Greyl (@LeonorGreylUSA) products are available at www.leonorgreyl-usa.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment