Monday, April 13, 2015

Get The Look: Anna Camp at the MTV Movie Awards

Like many of you, I cannot wait to see Pitch Perfect 2 and loved watching the various cast members as presenters at last night's MTV Movie Awards. That snippet with Rebel Wilson- so funny!

I loved Anna Camp in the HBO series True Blood, so it's only natural that I wanted to share her look with all of you. I am also a huge fan of Melanie Inglessis - last night's Make Up Artist! Melanie is currently working with Britney Spears on her latest music video- among many other clients. 

WHO: Anna Camp

MAKEUP BY: Melanie Inglessis, for MAKE UP FOR EVER

INSPIRATION: “I wanted to create a makeup look that would match Anna’s vibrant and fun dress, while giving a nod to the 60's with a modern twist.”

TIPS/TECHNIQUE: “To begin Anna’s look, I started by prepping her skin with the MAKE UP FOR EVER Skin Equalizer Radiant Primer. The light and luminous texture of this primer created a great base for her makeup and its peach undertone allowed it to pair flawlessly with her fair skin tone. Continuing on her skin, I used foundation on her entire face and blended it with a wet beauty blender. 

Next, to give her more of a sun kissed look, I used the MAKE UP FOR EVER Pro Sculpting Duo #1 in Pink Beige. The product comes with two shades inside, one for bronzing the other for highlighting. I used the bronze color as a way to define Anna’s cheek bones and then placed the highlighter on top of the most standard highlighting placements: the cheek bones, the inner corner of the eyes and brow bones. 

To continue this fresh look, I used a small amount of a peach colored blush on the apple of her cheeks. 

For her graphic eyeliner, I decided on a purple shade to compliment the hint of lime color in Anna’s dress. The two shades look fantastic together. I first used the MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Liner #I-90 in Iridescent Purple to create a line on her top lid, and finished if off with a wing effect that I followed back to the crease of her eyes. Once I was happy with the shape of the liner, I went over it with the MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Liner #8 in Iridescent Electric Purple. These two liners together created the perfect texture and color. 

To make the purple liner stand out, I used a purple mascara on Anna’s top lashes only. 

 I wanted to create a very natural lip, and to do this, I used the new MAKE UP FOR EVER Plexi Gloss in Light Beige, which comes out in May. This gloss gave the perfect texture and color to her lips."

PRODUCTS: MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer Radiant Primer ($36); MAKE UP FOR EVER Pro Sculpting Duo #1 Pink Beige, ($39); MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Liner #I-90, Iridescent Purple ($19); MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Liner #8, Iridescent Electric Purple, ($23); MAKE UP FOR EVER PlexiGloss, Light Beige ($19) Available in May


RETAILER: Sephora, Sephora.com and MAKE UP FOR EVER Boutiques

No comments:

Post a Comment