Thursday, July 3, 2014

YGallery Salon Soho: Pink Peekaboo Bangs and Keratin Treatment Created for Blondes

As I walked into their Soho salon, I saw a lot of local artist's artwork on the walls and I knew I was in the right place! If you follow my IG feed, you'd understand as I often showcase graffiti artists, muralists and all around creative people.

Located at 180 Lafayette Street in Soho, I was pleasantly greeted by owners and Master Stylists Yoni and Yaniv. They are artists in their own right and have spent years styling, cutting and coloring hair. Although I walked in thinking I would not color nor cut my hair- I felt comfortable enough to do both after speaking with Yoni! I was accompanied by a dear friend, Brigitte Segurra of Fashion Daily Mag, and she refrained from telling the stylist anything and watched with amazement at what came next....

Not only did I let owner Yoni give me bangs which I had not rocked for 25 years- I let him dye them pastel pink! They are actually pink peekaboo bangs as Yoni worked the pink into my blonde hair, throughout the bangs and also throughout the bottom layer of my hair. Brigitte was proud of me that I let the artist do his work without any direction from me and also showed me some Fall photos where models integrated pastels into their hair for runway shows. I am an artist, too, so I appreciate the expert doing their work and not telling them what to do. I know that may be unusual yet I let Yoni do whatever he deemed necessary to allow me to look my best. 

I then received a special Keratin treatment created for blondes and within two hours, I had a cut, color and Keratin treatment (in a specially ventilated room in the far corner of the salon)! Yoni is fast! How many times had I sat in the chair for 4-5 hours before? A lot I tell you! 

The services offered at the salon are extensive....haircuts, color, highlights, gloss shine, ombré, blow dry, relaxer, keratin...to name a few. Hair extensions are also offered upon consultation. My pink pastel color is quite matte in color and I love it! Please visit them online at YGallery Salon to see their creativity come to life! 








The Master Stylist himself, Yoni.


Me and the ever so stylish a Brigitte Segura. 


DePasquale Hair System Products- 
Exclusive to the YGallery Salon





Little Green offers a children's Haircare collection, too! 


YGallery Salon offers so many treatments!



No comments:

Post a Comment