Tuesday, July 1, 2014

INNI: COMPLETELY Customizable Nail Designs

Do you remember how I started in this business years ago? By wearing "Laced Up" Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips to The 2011 Grammy awards. I had fortunately bumped into a friend earlier that week who was a hand model and in her book was the tear sheet from their very first campaign. I immediately went crazy over the patterns and concept and chose "Laced Up" as it added elegance to my all black Christian LaCroix gown. I called the Sally Hansen Marketing Department to get my hands (nails) on a package of the nail strips as they were nowhere to be found. I had gone to about 6 Ricky's at the time and they had no idea what I was talking about. Luckily, the generous people at Sally Hansen sent them to me and the rest is history. 

I continued to wear them for nearly two years, changing them weekly as I fell for more and more newly released designs and patterns. I was written about twice on other beauty sites as I was addicted to the nail polish strips and appreciated the creativity of the designs. The nail strip concept blew up rather quickly and soon many companies were offering similar ideas. Some offered stickers, appliques, paper nail wraps but in my opinion nothing came close to the nail polish strips from Sally Hansen. I remember waiting for their Holiday designs with baited breath. That is how addicted I was/am to their collections. Everyone was soon asking how long did the nail technician take to create such intricate nail designs on my nails and how much did the designs actually cost? "They are real nail polish strips," I would always reply. To which I then would accompany them to the nearest drugstore and- to their amazement- show them all of the wonderful designs available to them right then and there. I also gave them tips on applying them as they were averaging me about five minutes to fully put on my own nails. 

I also confess that three years ago I wanted to create my own line of nail polish strips as I knew my photography would look spectacular on nails. Sometimes we can't sport pink hair, or very wild designed clothing to our jobs yet creative nails are usually embraced. I am not saying all of the time, yet I am often excited to see the art on many people whom I come into contact with on a daily basis.

With that being said, I just received news today about a new company to the United States called INNI. As I await my own samples, I wanted to share the company with you...

Completely customizable,  INNI nail wraps are a new and unique way to achieve a flawless looking salon quality manicure. Any design you want, from your phone to your home. Simply snap it, create it or select it at www.inni.com. With over 1 million designs available, there's something for you every day and every night. Like gel polish but better, INNI nail stickers last looking perfect up to 14 days and don't peel or chip even in water or hot temperatures. Created from extremely durable and flexible vinyl, the wraps can be  stretched to cover the entire nail surface for a flawless wrinkle-free manicure every time. Removing is easy - just peel off after 2 weeks and say goodbye to toxic fumes!


Picture Perfect Nails Designed For You, By You. Create High Fashion, Salon Quality Manicures with INNI Nails.


New to America, INNI Nails' creative web and mobile interface allows beauty lovers everywhere to design your own nail wraps or select from the world's largest collection that other INNI users have created. Thousands of high-resolution fashion shapes, gradient colors, team logos, animal prints, New York runway designs - no more limits to express your creativity!

INNI Nails was created with a mission to help people be more creative, unique and beautiful. Fed up with the quality and inconvenience of nail art, the 3 co-founders Katja Koutaniemi, Lauri Koutaniemi and Candice Chua started with high ambitions and a vision to create something completely new for nail fashion.

"We want to create more options for beauty products and make shopping easier, faster and more affordable. We want to build a community where everyone can be fashionable and stand out, sharing their unique looks and designs."

The founding team launched INNI in May 2014, bringing together the best fashion technology from Finland and Singapore. Katja tried doing her nails over 1,000 times and could never get it right, so she researched and developed the concept for customizable nail art. Lauri, Katja's husband got very excited about the idea, and brings his 15 years of experience for online graphic design technology, with the INNI website and app based on his award-winning SumoPaint application. For Candice, INNI is perfect to express her 7-year passion for design and responsible business management, developed from running her own graphic design company and nonprofit consultancy while working in banking and business development.

INNI Nails comes in a set of 30 pieces with 13 different sizes for both hands, from very small to very big so that both young girls and grown-ups can enjoy the perfect fit. Customers also receive a compact nail file along with instructions on how to apply the nail stickers and how to find your correct size. Custom sets retail online starting from $9.90 with free shipping everywhere.


For additional information and to design your own nail wraps visit www.inni.com.








No comments:

Post a Comment