Thursday, July 3, 2014

Jin Soon Salon: West Village Location

I have known of Jin Soon Choi for years and wanted you all to get a sense of her salon in the West Village. Besides having an East Village Salon, the one I visit frequently and one in the Upper East Side, you might also know her name from her namesake nail polish collection ( available in Sephora, Space NK, Henri Bendel, Shen Beauty and Barney's with more retailers listed on her site by State). There are four nail stations and four pedicure stations and it is relaxing as well as quiet. No loud voices nor phones ringing off the hook are often the environment encouraged there and I appreciate the serene salon.


In Jin Soon Choi's salons she offers a bevy of nail color options from most every brand such as NARS, Chanel, YSL, Dior as well as many drugstore brands such as Revlon, Sally Hansen, L'Oreal, etc. That was something I had never seen before at such magnitude. Places I had been to before had charged an additional fee for using some of the designer brands which did not sit well with me. Not Jin. Wear what you like...




At Jin Soon you can learn about her shops, see her portfolio (as she still remains one of the most sought after celebrity manicurist), read the press and talk a peek into Jin's very own journal. 

I met Jin for the first time behind the scenes at Fashion Week and she was kind and delightfully sweet. 




Yesterday, I used her Instagram feed (@jinsoon and @jinsoonchoi) for inspiration and used Pop Orange (again) on my nails and Gala on the accent nail as well as on my toes. Gala is such a stunning metallic- almost like a copper penny or maybe more like a rose gold?!  Her polishes last nearly two weeks for me and I love their high gloss look.






You are welcome to purchase product on her site as well as buying gift certificates for that certain special someone. It certainly can be pricey once you start getting into specific nail art designs, specialized manis and pedis, yet they are well worth it....both my hands and feet never looked so good. #truth

No comments:

Post a Comment