Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Nails Inc Collaborates with Alexa Chung

While perusing through the latest Harper's Bazaar, I saw in the Beauty News section that Alexa Chung was teaming up with Nails Inc. on a capsule collection. It's a fabric inspired lacquer collection so please read on to learn more...

Thea Green, Founder and MD of Nails inc comments,
‘Fashion is at the heart of Nails inc and we’re well
known for colour, innovation and amazing fashion
affects for nails. Our leather effect polish, as
worn by Alexa Chung to the 2012 British Fashion
Awards was a sell-out with a wait list of more than
3,000). There’s a real synergy with our brand and
Alexa - collaborating was a natural evolution of our
relationship with her.’

Debuting in Nails inc’s new bottle designed by
Creative Director Fabien Baron, the range of six
polishes embraces a new era of fashion forward fabric
effects for nails. Customers already got a sneak peek
ahead of the official launch as the brand pre-launched
the first product - Red Lace in its original round bottle
on Nails Inc. and Sephora.com in June 2014 ($11).

With only a limited run, Red Lace is set to be the
hottest and most coveted beauty launch of the summer. ‘It was Nails inc’s array of bold, fresh colours that first
caught my eye. Then I wore Nails inc’s black leather
polish a few years ago and I fell in love with the brand.
When Thea asked me to collaborate I was so excited –
not only am I the face of the brand but we’ve created an
amazing collection of fabric inspired polishes. I’ve been
playing with textures and innovative effects to create
the perfect collection that girls can use to revitalize an
outfit. This collection is a party for your hands.’ Alexa Chung





ALEXA LACE IN RED – The fine detail of lace has
been brought to life using the latest red matte particles
in different sizes creating a delicate lace effect. Best
worn over your favourite nude. We recommend Nails
inc Colville Mews.

ALEXA CASHMERE IN MINK – gorgeous warming
mink shades of matte polish are fused with pure
glass pearls to provide a subtle sheen and a luxurious
Cashmere texture.

‘For me fashion is all about texture and colour. I love
cashmere, it’s so luxurious. My favourite feeling is
pulling on a cashmere sweater.’ Alexa Chung

ALEXA SILK IN BLACK – smooth and rich shades are
complimented by a fine pearl which flows through the
polish like silk.

ALEXA LEATHER IN BLACK – inspired by Alexa’s
love of our black leather polish, we’ve dedicated this
best-selling and award winning polish to her. The polish
uses cutting-edge technology which allows it dry with a
matte leather texture.

‘I’m a huge fan of the black leather polish. It was my
favourite look on the shoot. The effect is so cool and I
love the matte texture. I’d wear it with a breton t-shirt
for an edgier look.’ Alexa Chung

ALEXA SEQUINS IN BLACK AND GOLD – fine
matte black particles provide the perfect backdrop for
the bold gold metallic glitters, giving the effect of an
amazing sequin dress.

‘My favourite polish in the collection is sequins. It’s
classic and easy to team with lots of different outfits.
Often I dress relaxed and in a tomboy kind of way, so
it’s nice to have a little disco on my nails.’ Alexa Chung

ALEXA CAMO - blending a mix of green and nude
metallic and matte particles to create an innovative
camouflage effect for the nails.





The Nails inc Alexa Chung fabric collection is available
in Sephora, other select stockists and on Nails Inc.
from August 2014. $15 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment