Sunday, July 6, 2014

What's New: SMASHBOX

I remember sitting in the room with Davis Factor, Smashbox Founder and Celebrity Photographer and Lori Taylor (now Lori Taylor Davis), Smashbox Global Pro Lead and thinking how innovative and creative they were. At the time, Terry Richardson was shooting their advertising campaign and I loved the vibe in all areas of production. I kept in touch with Lori over the last few years and I am so pleased to review some of their latest launches.

Smashbox Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Lacquer ($24) available in 20 shades has vitamin E in it's formula and has a lacquer like stain to lasts the whole day! It was created with a proprietary triplex of vibrant staining pigments and the two I reviewed did not budge nor lose their high gloss color (Knockout and Mo Money Honey). With so many color options, there is certainly 1...or 2...or 3 with your names on them?! Available at both Sephora/Sephora.com and Smashbox.com.

Also new is their best selling mascara available now in waterproof, Full Exposure Water Proof Mascara ($ 20 in Jet Black). My, my did my lashes take well to this mascara. Just with one swipe they were longer and more voluminous looking. You can see by the pictures, this mascara opened up my eyes beautifully. It's also sweat and humidity resistant which is a value added plus on these super warm days. No dots below my lower lash line and no clumping nor smudging occurred.  

I also got to sample the Photo Finish Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing ($39) and the Photo Finish 24 Hour Shadow Primer ($ 20) and they both applied gently and kept my skin looking oil free and my pores were blurred to the eye. I used all products in the photo below plus their wonderful Always Sharp Lip Liner in Ruby ($20) as well as their Admire Me Eye Shadow Palette (from when Smashbox collaborated with artist Curtis Kulig), Nude Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner ($20) in the inner rim of my eye and along the browbone and the Navy Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner ( $20) to line my upper lid. 











Please go to SMASHBOX to see how to videos as well as getting expert tips on how to use their newest products! 
Thank you again, Lori! 

No comments:

Post a Comment