Monday, January 14, 2019

Get The Look: Rachel Brosnahan at the Critics Choice Awards


I always find the "Get The Look" steps so fascinating and often find myself trying out the look at home. I also appreciate that these are REVLON products so they are not as tough on my wallet. Seeing drugstore brands being used on celebrities more and more makes me very excited as there are great finds available in your local drugstores/mass retailers. I have been known to watch quite a few YouTube videos on just this fact alone. Maybe you'll feel inclined to "Get The Look" below in your spare time or even better- integrate it within your daily regimen!

WHO: Rachel Brosnahan, Critics Choice Awards Best Actress Nominee
MAKEUP BY: Lisa Aharon for Revlon
TIPS/TECHINIQUE:
SKIN:  After prepping Rachel's skin, I buffed and blended Revlon PhotoReady Candid Natural Finish Anti-Pollution Foundation in Porcelain from the center of the face outward.  Revlon PhotoReady Candid Antioxidant Concealer in Banana worked seamlessly under the eyes and in the spots that needed a little more coverage.  Both are lightweight with a natural finish that I love.  To finish the complexion, I lightly dusted Revlon PhotoReady Candid Setting Powder keeping it mostly in the center of the face and forehead. A cool rose tone is my favorite for Rachel's porcelain skin, so I used Revlon Powder Blush in the shade Rosy Rendezvous. I started on the apples of the cheeks and blended slightly under the cheek bone towards the hairline.  I then patted Revlon PhotoReady Insta- Fix Highlighting Stick in Pink Light to make the highpoint of the cheekbones radiate slightly.
EYES: ColorStay Brow Creator in Soft Brown helped me define, shape and slightly fill in Rachel’s brows.  Filling in and sharpening the brows helps to frame the eye and guide where the shadow is placed next. Since the suit was clean and white, we decided to have fun with color on the eyes. I used Revlon ColorStay Crème Eyeshadow in Merlot as the base layer for a bold effect. We kept the shape a bit 60’s to complement the high ponytail.  To add dimension and brightness, I added the light purple shade of the Revlon Colorstay Looks Book Palette in Insider.  I used a blend of the light purple and pink shade from the same palette for the inner corner of the eye as well.   Revlon ColorStay Crème Gel Eyeliner in Black helped to intensify the lash line.  A few coats of Revlon Volumazing Mascara added both length and thickness to Rachel’s already beautiful lashes.  It’s long lasting so I can rely on it not to flake or smudge on a red carpet.   
LIP: It’s been very dry in LA so I’ve been reaching for extra moisture where ever I can. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick has a rich amount of pigment but also delivers the hydration I needed for Rachel’s lips. After trying a few lighter shades, we landed on Bare Affair to complete her mod make up look.

RETAIL: Drug/mass retailers nationwide and Revlon.com



No comments:

Post a Comment