Monday, February 29, 2016

Get The Look: Lady Gaga and Kerry Washington's Tresses

Exciting news: Lady Gaga and Kerry Washington’s hairstylists both used ghd tools to create their stunning looks for last night’s 88th Academy Awards.

WHO: Lady Gaga

HAIR BY: Celebrity Hairstylist, Frederic Aspiras

INSPIRATION: “We wanted a timeless and elegant look for her first Oscars. I created perfectly structured, voluminous curls to frame her face.”

TIPS/TECHNIQUE: “To start, I washed the hair and rinsed thoroughly. I then blow dried the hair using my ghd air™ hairdryer and a boar bristle round brush, making the hair voluminous and smooth. I then sprayed the hair with a heat protectant spray before we started styling.

I used ghd curve Classic Curl Iron 1” at the front of the hairline and ghd Curve Soft Curl Iron 1.25” from the crown down to the nape. After curling each piece, I held the curl in my hand and sprayed it with a curl hold spray, then pinned the curl in place. Once all of the hair was pin curled, she sat under a dryer hood for 15 minutes, then let the hair cool for another 5 minutes.

Finally, we removed all pins and brushed out the hair with a Mason Pearson Brush. We then sculpted the hair with a wide tooth comb. Once the hair looked perfect, we finished with hairspray to hold the look in place.”

PRODUCTS: ghd air™ hairdryer ($225); ghd curve Classic Curl Iron 1” ($199); ghd Curve Soft Curl Iron 1.25” ($199)

RETAILER: Sephora, Sephora.com, ghdhair.com/us







WHO: Kerry Washington

HAIR BY: Celebrity Hairstylist, Takisha Sturdivant-Drew

INSPIRATION: “I wanted to create a bold look that matched her black and white leather dress. We kept the hair edgy and youthful.”

TIPS/TECHNIQUE: “I shampooed the hair with Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo to remove buildup, then used Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask to keep the hair looking shiny and healthy.

I blew out the hair with my ghd air™ hairdryer and a paddle brush, adding some volume at the roots. Once the hair was completely dry, I used the ghd platinum™ styler to make the hair look sleek and shiny. I really love this flat iron, because it heats to the optimal 365 degrees so I know I’m not damaging the hair. Healthy hair is so important to Kerry.

To style, I used ghd curve Soft Curl Iron and curled some pieces counter clockwise and some clockwise so the hair didn’t all fall in one place. I clipped TSD Hair Extensions to the center of the head and with a fine tooth comb, teased the root just a bit to give some added drama. I finished by taking the hair and securing a ponytail in place with a leather Versace band.”

PRODUCTS: ghd air™ hairdryer ($225); ghd platinum™ styler ($249); ghd curve Soft Curl Iron ($199)

DESIGNER: Versace

RETAILER: Sephora, Sephora.com, ghdhair.com/us




No comments:

Post a Comment