Celebrity Hair Stylist: Ryan Richman for Kérastase Paris
1. To start, I prepped Willow’s damp hair with Kérastase Mousse Bouffante to add body throughout the style. Using my blow dryer and my fingers I rough dried the hair focusing at the root. Tip: for added volume flip upside down or use your fingers to lift the hair 90 degrees from the scalp while blow drying.
2. When the hair was about 90% dry, I misted Willow’s hair with Kérastase Spray-a-Porter. This is a great spray for extra hold that gives a tousled effect.
3. Next, finished the blow dry with a medium boar bristle round brush being careful not to over smooth the hair and to leave some natural texture.
4. Using a 1" flat iron I enhanced the natural wave of the hair. At the root of a 1" section of hair I closed the iron softly and slid the iron down the hair while bending it back and forth in opposite directions following the natural S pattern in the hair. I continued this throughout the entire head and finished each section with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray.
5. To finish the look I applied a small amount of Kérastase Short Mania to my fingers tips and tousled the hair focusing at the root to break up the style. I created a messy deep side part with my fingers and sprayed the style with Kérastase Powder Bluff for a matte textured finish.
Kerastase products are available on kerastase-usa.com. L’Oréal Paris Elnett is available at lorealparisusa.com.