Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Get The Look: Claire Danes Met Gala 2015

Last night was spectacular and Peter Butler created a beautiful look on Claire Danes' tresses. My friend Matin did Claire's makeup which shall be in a separate posts using NARS cosmetics. I have been a long time fan of all three!

For the China-themed MET Gala this year, Claire is wearing a Valentino dress that is a deep bottle green, really beautiful, delicate and quite formal.  So, we thought for her hair she needed to look more comfortable and cool.  The look is simple, but still chic and elegant – rough and finished at the same time.

I first began by towel drying her hair and blow-drying it roughly with my hands to get most of the moisture out.  Then I separated her hair into sections and took about 4 handfuls of Leonor Greyl Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice and applied it from scalp to ends and then sprayed Voluformethrough the top sections into the roots.  After spraying the roots, I took the Leonor Greyl Wide Tooth Comb and combed her hair from the roots up and back straight up off the face.  I created a low side part on the right and pushed it into place, then let the look set.

I went back with the blow dryer and rough dried the rest of her hair with my fingers to get the remaining moisture out.  While it was drying, I added a bit more Voluformeas needed when I thought it looked too “clean” since we wanted the look to have purpose and direction.  Once done, I went back with Leonor Greyl Sérum de Soie Sublimateur to break up the look and give it a little more shine and finish.

The focus of her look tonight was really all on the hairline – lifting it up and off the face.  The combination of the Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice and Voluforme at the roots really made the look.  The mousse is conditioning and gives a lot of body while the Voluforme really gets into the roots to give me that lift and hold that I’m looking for so the roots aren’t going to collapse, the volume isn’t going away – it looks subtle, but has really powerful hold.”

Leonor Greyl products available at www.leonorgreyl-usa.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment