Monday, May 7, 2018

Get The Look: Lili Reinhart's Tresses for the 2018 Met Gala

The looks at the 2018 Met Gala are starting to pop up on my Instagram feed so I will share as the information comes in. I love this gala as it is always creative and everyone involved gets to have fun with their hair, makeup, wardrobe, shoes, etc. 

Celebrity hairstylist Bobby Eliot  (who posted a beautiful picture of all of the products mentioned within this article on his IG feed, pictured below) used Leonor Greyl hair products to style Riverdale actress Lili Reinhart for the 2018 Met Gala.



The Inspiration
The inspiration for Lili’s hair was soft and ethereal.  Lili is wearing an amazing H&M gown with a beautiful dramatic train, and I wanted the hair to have an effortless feel. The gown is off the shoulders, and I didn’t want any hair to distract from the silhouette.”

The How-To
“We decided on a swept-back, textured look tied up in an effortless knot.”

“We started with clean, damp hair, and I applied Leonor Greyl Mousse au Lotus Volumatriceall over her hair, roots to ends.”

“Then I sprayed on Leonor Greyl Condition Naturelle for heat protection and blew-dry her hair, using the Leonor Greyl Natural Board Bristle Brush to smooth out her ends and my fingers to create lift at the root.”

Once her hair was completely dry, I misted her whole head with Leonor Greyl Lacque Souple Hairspray to give the hair hold while I used a Harry Josh Pro Tools 1" Curling Iron to create a soft bend in the hair.”

“I swept all of her hair back away from her face, then used my fingers to run Leonor Greyl Eclat Naturel Crème through her hair to create a little definition.”

“I created a knot, secured with French pins, and used a pump of Leonor Greyl Serum de Soie Sublimateur mixed with a pea-sized amount of Baume Bois De Rose to separate some pieces with my fingers. 

“I finished the look by misting Lili’s updo with Leonor Greyl Laque Souple Hairspray.”

Leonor Greyl products are available at https://www.leonorgreyl-usa.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment