Monday, March 26, 2018

Some Women Lose Confidence As They Age But Clairol Has You COVERED

Clairol officially kicked off their Color of Confidence movement, in which they’re revealing some surprising facts about women and confidence – did you know that 97% of women checked themselves out more after coloring their hair? And that’s just the beginning!

I am the epitome of this type of woman as I recently changed my hair color to a lavender/silver/gray and have been feeling less attractive ever since doing so. I am going to see Clairol Color Director,  James Corbett, within the next few weeks in order to get back my platinum blonde tresses. I simply feel awful! I also attended their wonderful event where guest speakers encouraged both women and men to accept themselves for who they are and to walk more confidently within the world. #colorfearlessly gave us all the opportunity to go for the color we truly longed for and I certainly smiled wider because of that freedom.

Clairol partnered with 100 women (no models!) across all backgrounds, ages and ethnicities to gauge their overall feelings of self-confidence. Some of their responses included “I haven’t felt confident in years,” “I feel invisible,” or “as I get older I feel unwanted.”

The goal is to smash the age-old views of one-dimensional beauty, and show that every woman can feel incredible – sometimes the smallest change can make a massive impact! To demonstrate this, they had the 100 woman do something SO simple – color their hair with Clairol Nice’n Easy – then they documented the results, which were astounding!

·        85% of women felt more confident after coloring, and 97% said they checked themselves out more. 81% said they felt beautiful, and 70% said they felt “ready for anything.”

·        The results extended into their professional lives, as well! 77% said they felt they could be more confident at work and 65% said they’d speak confidently in a meeting. One woman was even motivated to ask for a raise – and she got it!

They documented it all within their “Colors of Confidence” Film

Below are pictures from their kickoff event, too. Remember to #colorfearlessly and be confident in your own skin. Own who you are and if your hair color changes the way you feel about yourself, like me, then do something about it. Be YOU as you are UNIQUE.










James Corbett , A.K.A. the "Gloss Boss" and I.

Photo credit: @djtealny

No comments:

Post a Comment